Sunday, May 6, 2012

One month living out of a backpack.

Trains, buses and taxis were my friends this past month. Packing up my clothes and things I set off for a month away from home. Starting off I had a two week spring camp to work in the beautiful beach town of El Hoceima where several other volunteers and I taught english to about 50 youth. We played random assortments of games and were fortunate to spend most afternoons at the beach where I played beach volleyball most days (rough life, I know.) After those two weeks I made my way to a small town about six hours south of the coast where a group of new volunteers were in training. I spent four days with them, talking about what the next few months will hold for them and how to integrate into their new towns. It's crazy to think that I am no longer in the group of "new" volunteers in this country and am quickly approaching the 8 month mark. From the training with the new volunteers I traveled into Rabat where I had a week long training with seven other youth development volunteers. We are preparing to implement a new 53 session program of life skills for the youth in our towns. Overall this last month went great, and towards the end of this month I will hopefully be getting a new site mate which would double the American population of my town. 

No comments:

Post a Comment