Friday, October 21, 2011

Just some thoughts.

Things are going great here, just more language training and this week we will start teaching english in the the Dar Chabab (youth center.) I will be finding out now in just a couple weeks where my final placement site will be and where I will be living for the next two years here in Morocco.
Just a couple observations that I was thinking about today and how I really know I'm in a different country:
1. My 18 year old host brother has never heard of Lady Gaga
2. My 26 year old language trainer has never heard of Wal-Mart
3. I am noticed wherever I go and people immediately know I am from another country, usually they think I'm French but then I tell them I am not and they answer with something funny, but the best are the calls of "Obama!" when they see us Americans.

No comments:

Post a Comment