Thursday, January 26, 2012

This Apartment is Becoming a Home

A feeling of great accomplishment swelled up within me as I bought a bed today, it's technically a double wide couch cushion that is rather stiff (I discovered this as I took a swan dive onto and bruised my sternum). Buying the bed I was able to negotiate it down a few hundred dirham using the broken arabic at my disposal. The man selling it to me was very excited for this single american to be purchasing this large piece of furniture to sleep on. I won't go into detail with what he was implying I could now accomplish with having a large mattress but it involved lots of suggestive hand motions and non stop laughter. Being a single american in my town is sending the sign that I am a promiscuous playboy about town and I am constantly having to answer questions saying "no I am not married, no I do not have lots of lady friends over, no I do not think I will become physically ill if I do not indulge myself constantly with them." 

1 comment: