Saturday, November 19, 2011

Onto the next stage

So I have arrived in my new city, up near the border by Algeria. I traveled on a train for the first time in my life, and although it wasn't exactly the Hogwarts Express as I had hoped it was very nice and I enjoyed riding the eight hours with other volunteer friends of mine. Yesterday was my birthday and I couldn't have asked for a better day, the other volunteers were great and offered me many congrats on the day and some even sang Happy Birthday at the train station. About ten minutes into the train ride some little kids next to the train threw a rock which shattered the window next to Matt and I, and it splintered but didn't all break onto the floor. I just like to think that this kid was wishing me a happy birthday and the rock was my present and this had been the only way to try and get it to me. All is well here though, and I'm livin' up every moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment